Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Day In The Life


In January, I wrote a blog entitled A Day In The Life.  A blogger that I follow posts a monthly "day in the life" blog that I always find fun and interesting to read. She blogs about what her and her children do all day, hour by hour. She does this because she has many out-of-town relatives who enjoy feeling a part of her everyday life and also as a journal for herself to look back on when her children are older.  I thought it would be fun to do a couple times per year.  So here is yesterday:

3:45am
Warrick came into our bed and said he was "soooooooooooooo hungry" and wanted to watch cartoons.  I told him he could lay in our bed but he's not getting food or tv right now.

4:30am
After being kicked, elbowed, and harassed about food, I decided to cut up an apple and turn on a movie for Warrick.  I told him that he was not allowed back into our room until the movie was over.

5:15am
cant get back to sleep, so I cleaned the kitchen.  It was in desperate  need of cleaning... obviously!


5:45am
devotions

6:15am
Warrick fell asleep and so did I  :)

8am
Tynnley wakes up.  I nurse her while I read, then make banana pancakes.  She eats 2 pancakes then gets cleaned up and dressed for the day.  We played together in her room for a while.




9am
Warrick wakes up, I change him and strip his bed since he peed on it.  Warrick ate pancakes then got dressed.

9:30am
menu planning for the week



10:15-11:45am 
Tynnley napped, I got ready for the day, threw in some laundry and Warrick & I played "spiderman"  which involves running around the house kicking the air and stating "I will web you!" every 5 minutes.  

11:45am lunch
Cheese quesadillas, peas, and mandarin oranges.  


12:30-3pm
ATT tech arrives and we get internet!  No more "borrowing" internet service from our neighbors.  The kids and I read books and play in their rooms after I help the tech search everywhere for a phone jack.  This is what happens when I leave the kids unattended with the game closet open:

4:15pm 
start dinner.  Tynnley takes a short nap and Warrick "plays" monopoly 

5pm 
Matt home, we eat dinner: Talapia, brown rice, and broccoli.  Quick and easy since we were leaving soon.


5:30-10:30pm  
Evening at Camp Camby!  

10:30pm
realize I never put a new sheet on Warrick's bed, nurse Tynnley and go to bed!

Long day, but I think it will be interesting to look back and appreciate the small things in life and "insignificant" days that aren't so insignificant.  

Hope you've enjoyed  :)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this Brooke!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has crazy kids getting up at crazy times of the day and night!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the menu planning page? That is cute. I want one.

    ReplyDelete